Tour vượt thác của Băng Di bắt đầu từ 8h30 đến 16h, bao gồm 6 thử thách theo nhiều cấp độ tại khu vực thác Datanla, chèo thuyền kayak trên hồ Tuyền Lâm. Để chuy
Beautiful Da Lat: All the Must Visit Sites
There are many names that the Vietnamese people use to refer to Da Lat: The City of a Thousand Flowers, Dreamy City, Sad City, The Land of Love, The Land of Cherry Blossoms, Little Paris etc. Da Lat has always been depicted in literature, paintings and pictures, wandering about in contemporary arts and travelers’ hearts. It’s hard to describe Da Lat because words don’t do justice to the feeling you get when there, talking to the locals, feeling the cool breeze, watching flowers bloom, and enjoying authentic coffee.
7 Reasons Why You Should Visit Da Lat Right Now
Imagine immersing yourself in the slow living pace of Da Lat, just let things happen, no hassle. Take time to enjoy life and to find peace for your inner self as Da Lat is a perfect getaway for your soul. I am going to share with you some reasons why you should purchase a flight now, so you can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and maybe never come back.
- Da Lat has a much cooler climate than Saigon, so it makes for a perfect getaway from the blazing sun of the South. For those of you who haven’t been in a temperate environment before, you will appreciate the changing weather of Da Lat within just a day: spring in the breezy morning, summer in the warm noon, gusty autumn afternoon, and a chilly winter evening.
- The cool climate also makes it the perfect place to rest, relax, and be lazy all day. It will even be an excellent experience if you decide to book your accommodation at a more personal homestay or BnB instead of an upscale hotel.
- Endless pine forests, lakes, and streams, these natural wonders give Da Lat a European feel. Not to mention exploring the wonderful hidden waterfalls, conquering the Lang Biang Peak, and other adventurous opportunities are right at your fingertips.
- Even the city itself is great to walk around, such as by the Xuan Huong Lake, the Love Valley, or the Dreamy Hill.
- Da Lat is a heaven filled with thousands of species of flowers. From the unofficial symbol of Da Lat – the Mexican Sunflower, to the Mimosa Flower (Silver Wattle), and the Cherry Blossom, these colorful beauties grow everywhere–from the sidewalks to the serpentine tracks around the mountains. Check out this guide to flower season in Da Lat to get the most out of the city’s surrounding nature!
- Apart from flowers, you can find the biggest organic farms in Vietnam, with all kinds of vegetables and fruits, from tropical plants to the ones grown in temperate climates like cauliflower and strawberry.
- Coffee shops in Da Lat are unique. Every one of them comes with a different style and theme. For instance, Café Song Vy is actually a French-style chateau turned into a coffee shop and has live romantic French music.
Are you excited yet? Get your ticket and accommodation booked now and I will show you around for the best experiences related to the list mentioned above!
Points of Interest and Famous Landmarks
Da Lat Railway Station
The Da Lat Railway Station was built in 1938, and it’s the most important station along the 84 kilometer Phan Rang – Da Lat Railway. It has a unique design, resembling the shape of the Lang Biang Peaks and the stilt houses of the Central Highlands. The station’s interiors are similar to a typical 40s train station in Southern France and the front grand clock is engraved with the date in which Dr. Alexandre Yersin founded Da Lat City. There are only seven kilometers of operational track right now, from Da Lat to Trai Mat, a small suburban town where Linh Phuoc Pagoda is located.
Location: Quang Trung Street, Ward 10
Chicken Church (St. Nicholas de Bari Cathedral)
St. Nicholas de Bari Cathedral is commonly known as the Chicken Church, because of a giant copper chicken on top of the main bell tower. Apart from being the main and the biggest church of Da Lat, the Cathedral is the first and the most remarkable French architectural legacy. It follows the standard sweeping height of a Roman Catholic cathedral in Central Europe, and it’s representative of Roman arts in Vietnam.
Location: 15 Tran Phu Street, Ward 4
Domaine de Marie Convent
The Domaine de Marie is a Roman Catholic convent atop a hill in Da Lat. The church’s story dates back to the foundation of the Chicken Church and follows the French and Vietnamese style of architecture. It is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Da Lat and contains a convent for local children. It was built in reminiscence of a 17th-century French church with pink limestone walls. There is also a three-meter high statue of the Virgin Mary standing on the globe. Moreover, the sophisticated lighting system consists of multiple complexly arranged roofs, which is also based on the stilt houses of the Central Highlands.
Location: 1 Ngo Quyen Street, Ward 6
Linh Phuoc Pagoda – The Pagoda of Broken Glass and Porcelain
Linh Phuoc Pagoda or the so-called Ve Chai Pagoda is located in the town of Trai Mat, just seven kilometers from the Da Lat Railway Station. This pagoda has been well known since 1990 for its unusual and meaningful artworks. Every wall, ceiling, pillar, and statue in the pagoda are decorated with thousands of small pieces of broken glass and porcelain.
Location: 120 Tu Phuoc Street, Ward 11
Thien Vien Truc Lam – Truc Lam Zen Temple
The Truc Lam Temple is situated on a hilltop with amazing gardens. The Trúc Lâm Zen tradition emphasizes the habit of applying Buddhist practice in whatever surroundings one finds oneself. You should find a way to the temple by cable car just to observe the majestic pine forest scenery.
Location: Truc Lam Yen Tu Street, Ward 3
Linh Quy Phap An Pagoda – Gate to Heaven
On your way to Da Lat, you should give Linh Quy Phap An Pagoda a visit. The walkway up the Pagoda is small and somewhat challenging, but you are rewarded with magnificent scenery. The main yard is literally “in the clouds” with the Heaven’s Gate in the middle, from which you can contemplate the breath-taking harmony of clouds and mountains.
Location: Loc Thanh Ward, Bao Lam District, Lam Dong Province
XQ Su Quan – Silk Hand Embroidery Handicraft Village
XQ Su Quan – Silk Hand Embroidery Handicraft Village is located just opposite of the Dreamy Hill and serves as an introductory facility to Da Lat’s traditional silk hand embroidery. The complex consists of many unique traditional Vietnamese buildings, namely from Hue and other central coastal cities. Moreover, it also operates as a museum of embroidery with many gorgeous artworks.
Location: Mai Anh Dao Street, Ward 8
Cloud Walking in Thien Phuc Duc Hill
Six kilometers away from the city center to the north, facing the Lang Biang Peak is the cloud-hovering Thien Phuc Duc Hill. Getting here is fairly easy. You just need to make your way to the Thanh Mau Church of Ward 7, and voilà, you are on top of the hill. Arrive in the early morning or late afternoon to best savor the heavenly scenery, seeing the clouds covering the whole Da Lat city.
Savoring the Natural Sceneries In and Around Da Lat
Lang Biang Peaks
With three peaks, Lang Biang Mountain offers a fantastic vista of the surrounding hills and lakes. Its top two peaks are Lang Biang – 2,167 meters – and the 2,287-meter high Bidoup Ban, which are often regarded as the roofs of Da Lat. The mountain is famous for its spectacular nature, as well as its marvelous view of the whole wide area of Da Lat City, the forest, the rivers, and the houses. Visitors will have the option of venturing to the peak by an old Russian jeep or taking the challenge of their own endurance from the pine forest up to the Lang Biang Peak (2,167 meters).
After the trip, you will have seen all of Da Lat, but you will also have made new friends with our local student guides of Onetrip. This trip costs you only ONE US DOLLAR for the safety of our students. So, why don’t you start your interesting adventure in Da Lat with us?
Click here for more information and tour reservations!
End of Story
Note what you want to discover and keep it in your pocket. Da Lat awaits, are you ready? Let me know in the comments below about your experience in the places I have mentioned.
On February 18th, Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism in Lam Dong Province said that until now, there has been any cases of Covid-19 virus infection in La
Let’s visit the dairy farm of Dalat Milk – one of the impressive destination of Da Lat