MEKONG DELTA TWO DAYS ONE NIGHT (CAI BE – CAN THO ) TNKGTK02
• Tasting fresh fruits while enjoying Vietnamese traditional folk music
• Visiting distinctive family businesses where the locals make coconut candy and crispy
rice popcorn mills.
• Having a boat ride to the floating market on Tien River (Cai Rang floating market).
• Deeply exploring the local village on foot and through handlebars.
• Approaching features of the typical, traditional Vietnamese architectural styles from an
ancient house and Khmer temple.
Day 1: HCMC – Cai Be – Can Tho (L)
07:30: Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and start the trip to Cai Be. Upon arrival in Cai Be, have a boat ride to the remaining site of a renowned wholesale floating market on the Tien River manyyears ago. This site entitles you to learn something about the local trading habit that has changed due to the age of modern society when more terrestrial transportation and high techniques of agriculture have dominated everywhere.
There, you can realize how diverse the area is and how rich orchard gardens are, which makes it the basket of fruit in the lower part of the Mekong River. Ramble in small villages where you will uncover the beauty of an ancient house and learn about the indigenous culture. Make a short visit to a small family business where the locals make coconut fudges and crispy rice popcorn.
Savor delicious fresh fruit and feel the slow rhythms of Southern Vietnamese folk music – a kind of music entwined with the life and culture of the Mekong Delta people.
Paddle through small canals – an exciting experience since you can look around, unwind, and soak up the wonderful atmosphere of the Upper Mekong Delta. Additionally, after arrival on Tan Phong Island, immerse yourself in nature's tranquility. At lunch time, you not only enjoy luscious food but also get closer to the locals as it is a chance to learn how to prepare Vietnamese specialties.
The meal is cooked on your own and served in the heart of the local garden. Cycle on the village path through orchards. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong Delta. Visit Ba Kiệt’s ancient house. Take a boat ride back to Cai Be and meet your bus for the trip to Can Tho City. Proceed to Can Tho City and overnight in Can Tho.
Day 2: Can Tho – Cai Rang floating market – HCMC (B/L)
Have breakfast at the hotel. You can take a leisurely boat ride to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong River (Bassac River), then visit Cai Rang Floating Market, the most vibrant floating market in the area. Walking tour of the local noodle factory. Visit Munir Ansay Pagoda - Khmer temple, famous for its unique structure. Then, move by boat to the Con Son tourist area, visit the fruit plantation, and enjoy seasonal fruits. Have lunch and return to Ho Chi Minh City.
***Please note: Drop-off time is subject to traffic, weather...so the finished time could be later than expecting.
GROUP SIZE: 25 people PICK UP: 07:00 – 07:30 (the time of pick up depends on customer’s hotel/ accommodation’s exact position).
RETURN: 17:00 – 17:30
ROUTE: HCMC – Cai Be – Can Tho – HCMC ( appy from 1/1/2024)
• A/c van/bus pick up (centrally located hotel), transfer & sightseeing as per program.
• Boat trip in the Mekong Delta.
• English-speaking guide.
• All entrance fees.
• Meals as indicated in the program (B = breakfast, L = lunch: 1 breakfast at the hotel and 2 lunch with a set menu and Vietnamese cuisine at a local restaurant.
• Accommodation is based on twin or double share basic with 3-star or 4-star standard hotel.
• Other meals are not mentioned in the program.
• Personal expenses.
• Travel Insurance.
• Pick up and transfer just for the centrally located hotel/accommodation in Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
• We are not responsible for your lateness.
• Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat and the tour inclusions. Please advise the supplier if you have from 1 infant at time of booking.